Sunday, September 15, 2019

CANADA SOLO TRIP 2019

On April 2019 I went on a trip to Canada for my Global Marketing Class and I thought every moment every memory should be cherished in a writing. I first wanted to write in my journal but it get too hectic and I didn't quite have time for journaling. But I did take a lot of videos. The video is up on my youtube channel.


But I want to write so it could be more personal. I didn't quite like how the video came out because I was so in a hurry and I had a deadline. One day I'm gonna re-edit the video the way I wanted. If I have any time for that. 

It's been 15 years or so since I left Canada. Born, grew up, and spent my childhood there. At first, the only reason I wanted to go to Canada is because I wanted to go to Clay Cafe. I want to open one up in Jakarta so I have to make a survey to the real place and re-experience it myself because the last time I was there, I was only a child and didn't know anything about painting. So grateful to get the chance to go there again because I get to feel the painting, record the entire Clay Cafe journey, and choose a pottery to paint by myself. Yes I'm a nerd for loving this kind of activity but it is so relaxing and heart-filling I can't wait til I get to finally open up mine. (a blog post on that will come soon)

Anyways, I went for 7 days straight and I literally flew across Canada, from Vancouver to Halifax and Toronto. I had a lot of transits too but I only stayed in the airport. The one that got me hooked was obviously Toronto because they had everything there. From socks galleries, knick knacks at the blue banana market, to film festivals. I also bought a lot of (cheap) souvenirs at China Town. I wish I stayed longer in Toronto tho... 
Vancouver was also amazing and beautiful it felt like it was in the future with the SkyTrain and Science Park. I went to a lot of art galleries, libraries, parks, and sightseeings, (sounds boring, I know). But those were the kind of activities I dig, and what else do you expect to do in Canada?? I still couldn't get over the library in Halifax. It felt so comfy to study in, I wish we had something like this in Jakarta. (Yes, gue udah ke Perpustakaan Nasional but it's still not quite as close as the one in Halifax)

I sure do wish I could travel back to Canada again someday in the future with my family because it's a really nice place to spend time and have a beautiful nostalgic moments of my childhood. Aamiin.



No comments:

Post a Comment