Monday, June 10, 2019

GO TO ASIAN MOVIES (Thai/Korean/Chinese/You name it)

My gabut days are just around the corner! It's time for me to binge watch movies that I could never usually watch. Now I have more free times than I could ever imagine. Anyhoo, I'm kinda sorta in to these kind of movies, they're fun and easy to watch, even though i have to read the subtitles but it's alright. I don't know whether these are thai, korean, or chinese, or maybe japanese?! because either way I still have to read the subs, but I always know when it's thai because the edits are always so receh and they have a different accent than the others. And besides, Indonesian movies sometimes are an adaptation from other best-selling Thai movies. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not, but--
This is not a review what so ever. it's just a list of recommended asian movies that has my heart. I should put Crazy Little Thing Called Love in this list but mostly people have watched it because I think that was actually one of the first thai movies that made it in the trends, and after that people just started loving thai movies. I don't know much about Korean Drama tho because I'm not too keen in TV Series because it requires patients and I have to watch the whole thing which is time consuming, so I'm just sticking to movies now and then.
So I did this on Indian movies (which are basically also asian but--) Bollywood movies still have a special place in my heart but now I'm currently in to Thai. But the recommendation list here contains korean and chinese ones too so

1. Our Times
So the first one on my list is Our Times. I don't quite remember what it is about, I wanna watch it again, but the thing that I remember is that it hit me the most and I cried at the intense part. A friend of mine recommended this movie because he said he never liked asian movies but Our Times was the only exception. And so I watched it that night and I fell in love immediately.

2. Us and Them
This one has a good moral of the story too. Ahh you need to watch it to see the quotes at the ending of the movie. This movie actually hit me because it reminded me of my late father, -- say no more.

3. Girl from Nowhere
A movie about bullying. The ending was a bit unpredictable.

4. Bad Genius
I'm actually bad at reviewing films because I forgot all the plots to the movie and I didn't do my research before writing this -- just to be authentic. But all I could remember was this movie was quite good oh it was about a smarty pants who cheated for her friends. So the smart one gave out her answers to everyone and -- that's all I can remember.

5. Tomorrow I Will Date Yesterday's You
This has an interesting plot, the title was a bit confusing until you watched the movie. But it's a real soothing movie about love and how you should love--

6. Your Name
Of course I had to put Kimi no Na wa on the recommendation list! Even though its an animation but it didn't feel like I was watching an anime. Remember spirited away? the guy character gave me the same feels.

7. The Teacher's Diary
Now this one was quite touching. And of course it's about love. It's about a teacher finding out about another teacher's diary as it is self-explanatory by the title.

There are also simple ones like Brother of The Year, I Fine Thankyou Love you, May Who, First Kiss, On Your Wedding Day

And the ones that are still on the Recommendation List (meaning I haven't watched em yet that's why it's still on my recommended list): One Day, Hello Stranger, Back To The 90's, Friend Zone (If anyone can find Friend Zone online please hit me up because i'm desperate to watch Pam in action again)

I don't quite get why SuckSeed was recommended tho-- maybe when I was watching it I wasn't in a good mood for receh asian movies tho--

Unpopular opinion: I like blogging more than tweeting because although it requires more thinking -- yet I still get to express my thoughts freely

No comments:

Post a Comment